Monday, May 2, 2016
Oysters for Breakfast
There’s no such thing as too early for alcohol so we did went for a couple glasses to go with our oyster dishes. I had a glass of sake said to be perfect for Yaki-gaki. The Ugonotsuki Junmai Ginjo came from the local Aihara Shuzo Brewery near Hiroshima and was dry but fruity with a refreshing aroma. I thought it’s light enough for an easy morning drink yet held up well with the rich oyster taste.
We were glad to have visited the restaurant on second try before we left this wonderful island, and were pretty confident that the oyster dishes at Kaki-ya represented some of the best served in this area famous for its oysters.
When? April 26 2016
Where? Kaki-ya, 539 Miyajima-cho, Hatsuka-ichi, Hiroshima, Japan
Menu Highlights? Kaki-gaki (Grilled Oysters in their own shell)
Drink? Ugonotsuki Junmai Ginjo - Aihara Shuzo, Hiroshima Prefecture
雨後の月 純米吟醸 - 広島県 相原酒造
Kyushu + Hiroshima Travel "Series":
1. Day 2: Motsunube Treat in Fukuoka
2. Day 3: One Dish Wonder
3. Day 3: Ryokan by the Park
4. Day 4: Oysters for Breakfast
5. Day 4: Hiroshima's Okonomiyaki
6. Day 4: Three Stars in Hiroshima
7. Day 5: Abalone Cuisine in Karatsu
8. Day 6: Top Morning Market? What?
9. Day 6: Hip Ryokan in Ureshino
10. Day 6: China on the Park
11. Day 7: Arita Ceramics Fair - The Real Deal
12. Day 8: Seiromushi Pit Stop
13. Flickr Album: Kyushu + Hiroshima 2016
14. Flickr Album: Food from Kyushu + Hiroshima Trip